Top 5 Swimsuits for Summer 2017

Hey folks,

I am literally counting down the days until summer is here. Just the slightest glimmer of sunshine and I am out in my flip flops & Ray Bans. I’ve been trying really hard this year to stick to my healthy eating & fitness plan, so that I can look stylish on holiday, whilst I’m lounging on my sun-lounger with a Mojito in hand. Okay, what I actually mean is, so that I can get a pass in my swimwear of choice, whilst chasing my little ones around the pool.

In all seriousness, as I noted in my previous post on the subject of swimwear, choosing the right piece can be a complete minefield. Add in the post-30 can-i-can’t-I debate, on top of the does this look right and am I exposing too much flesh, it can leave even the sharpest shopper feeling lost.

I previously picked out my top 5 favourite bikini’s, but, having looked through enough swimwear to make even a 22 year old instagrammer feel puzzled, I realised that I had to post on swimsuits. They have quite literally taken on a new form this year. Being someone that would opt for a bikini as if it were an automatic reflex, I found myself wishfully lusting after a unfeasible number of swimsuits. And, oh for the novelty. To feel sexy and slender whilst having your slightly less-toned areas disguised sounds too good to be true… but it isn’t! Carefully placed straps and cut-out’s mean that you can show some skin, and yet still be covered.

I’ve picked out a few for my upcoming holiday and wanted to share a few of my favourite’s with you. Please let me have your opinions? Here’s a thought, can the swimsuit replace the bikini? Hmmmm.. I am veering ever closer to YES!

New Look White Lace Panel Swimsuit

This is my absolute favourite swimsuit of the season.  I picked one up just this weekend!  After doing a strange ‘fish out of water’ style dance, attempting to get into a smaller size,  I managed to find one left in my size.  This covers your mid-section and sculpts your waist and hip area perfectly, whilst revealing just a little bust.  Spin around to the back and you will also notice the low cut back, which I love love love.  To me, this sums up sexy, but dignified.  I can’t wait to be sporting this one!

New Look Bardot Bikini Swimsuit

Those that have followed my journey, will already know that I am a huge fan of the bardot neckline.  It adds a flirty and feminine feel to an outfit, which i love.  This swimsuit is the epitome of classiness and effortless style, in my opinion.

Boohoo Gingham Tie Dye Swimsuit

Gingham is a huge print this season, and it’s not hard to see why.  it has been around now for a few seasons, but it really comes to life in summer.  I love that this swimsuit will cover the lower stomach and hold you in, but still reveal a little mid-section.  It has a certain youthfulness about it that I can’t wait to get my hands on.

ASOS Square Neck Strap Back Swimsuit

When I saw this swimsuit my mind instantly rewound to days of watching Baywatch in my youth.  Not that I would in any way resemble any of the epic cast members that would be sporting something similar, but I will still attempt to re-enact some of the beachfront galloping in this swimsuit for my own amusement alone.

South Beach Chevron Print Low Back Swimsuit

Growing up I have always had a place in my wardrobe for the classic Missoni print.  This swimsuit really pays homage to the style which Missoni are famous for.  Whilst this swimsuit is a little more risqué (I won’t be dive-bombing into the swimming pool in this!), it still has a place in my suitcase.

I hope you found a swimsuit you like, or at least some inspiration!

Please let me know which one is your favourite and why!

Much Love

Lisa xx

Thank you for visiting www.wondering.co.uk

Share:

62 Comments

1. Claudia Krusch
    May 16, 2017 / 11:46 pm

These are all great swimsuits for this summer. My favorite is the black ruffle top one. I need to pick up a new swimsuit soon.

2. May 17, 2017 / 4:18 am

Just in time for summer! And I love, love, LOVE the third swimsuit (but could you image the tan lines you would get, haha?).

3. May 17, 2017 / 7:33 am

Beautiful swimsuits, nice collection..

4. May 17, 2017 / 7:44 am

Such gorgeous swimsuits, these, but they’re not quite what I’m looking for. We’re going on holiday in Spain this summer, and I am looking for a bikini to buy. I’ve never owned a bikini, and I’m currently working out as much as I can for a bikini body, but I haven’t yet found the right suit for me. Thanks for this fab inspiration though!

5. makeamomsmile
    May 17, 2017 / 11:50 am

Cute Suits. My Favorite is the white one. I like how these one pieces can cover the mom pouch and still be cute and sexy!

• wonderlingblog
      May 17, 2017 / 1:18 pm

Exactly! Win win really. I’ve not had to restrict my cake intake too much this year for that very reason:-)

6. May 17, 2017 / 12:41 pm

There are some gorgeous swimsuits but my absolute fave has to be a toss up between the white mes suit and the black ruffle swimsuit x

7. May 17, 2017 / 12:42 pm

There are some gorgeous swimsuits but my absolute fave has to be a toss up between the white mesh suit and the black ruffle swimsuit . They are all gorgeous though x

• wonderlingblog
      May 17, 2017 / 1:17 pm

Thanks Ana. I love the white one.. just hoping I don’t drop anything on it!

8. thehouseturnedhome
    May 17, 2017 / 1:10 pm

I’m a HUGE fan of swimsuit season too! These are some really great and beautiful swimsuits. However do you choose just one ?!

• wonderlingblog
      May 17, 2017 / 1:17 pm

I don’t think you do Shannon! I tend to pick a few!

9. May 17, 2017 / 1:45 pm

That off the shoulder suit is super cute and girly! I would totally wear that! I wonder if it comes in yellow?

10. May 17, 2017 / 2:54 pm

Really nice picks! I’d love to have the off shoulder design and the last one! Now I am getting excited for summer wearing those!

11. May 17, 2017 / 3:21 pm

I don’t think I have worn a one piece since… I was like 4 years old. Sadly, I am short, with a smaller torso so I don’t think one-pieces would look all that good on me. They’d make me look like a squatty whore, since I also have large boobs – BAH HA HA!

12. May 17, 2017 / 4:32 pm

These are really adorable. I’m a bit older but I’d still wear the first or second swimsuit. If I was younger I’d want them all.

13. May 17, 2017 / 7:11 pm

All are nice perpect for summer, i like the bardot bikini swimsuit, its perfect for my conservative girlfriend.

14. May 17, 2017 / 8:30 pm

I am in love with these. They are very tasteful and look great.

15. May 17, 2017 / 10:53 pm

I think the first two (white and black) are my favorites. I love how the look as far as style and how they obviously fit. They look very comfortable and are tasteful as well. That is not something you see much around here either.

• wonderlingblog
      May 18, 2017 / 6:28 am

I’ve just purchased the white one, so I’m really happy it’s getting a lot of love!

16. Rosey
    May 18, 2017 / 2:55 am

I like the flounce top. That is always my favorite style. It is fun.

• wonderlingblog
      May 18, 2017 / 6:28 am

I love this one too!

17. May 18, 2017 / 3:50 am

Loving the white lace panel and the black blouse(y) off the shoulder suit! Absolutely beautiful!

• wonderlingblog
      May 18, 2017 / 6:27 am

Thank you!

18. May 18, 2017 / 6:27 am

To be honest, any or all of these are stunning. I am sure each person would wear things differently and they would highlight different areas. I would just say that I love the gingham and the red one. The red is simplistic but it’s also alluring and stands out.

• wonderlingblog
      May 18, 2017 / 6:27 am

Thanks for your comments:-)

19. May 18, 2017 / 8:06 am

What a timely post! Loved the white panel swimsuit, and would love to try the black one too!

20. May 18, 2017 / 12:31 pm

I really like the square neck. Hopefully I can find one to my liking for this Summer!

21. May 18, 2017 / 4:02 pm

These suits are SO cute! I haven’t worn one in years (I’m married and don’t feel like other men need to see every curve of my body) but I would totally rock these if I was single!

22. May 18, 2017 / 6:29 pm

I like the style of the white one, but would prefer it in a different color. It’s sexy, but doesn’t show off my 45 year old baby belly – but does show off that figure I work so hard to maintain.

• wonderlingblog
      May 18, 2017 / 9:51 pm

I’m sure you would look fab in it!

23. May 18, 2017 / 7:17 pm

These are all so cute! I really love the halter style that has been out this year.

24. May 18, 2017 / 7:26 pm

I love the black suit with the ruffle! So simple but beautiful for summer.

25. May 18, 2017 / 8:34 pm

I love that black ruffle swimsuit. I picked one similar for my holiday but in blue.

26. May 18, 2017 / 8:39 pm

Oooo such chic swim suits!!! I’m all about the one piece this year!!!!!

• wonderlingblog
      May 18, 2017 / 9:50 pm

Me too! One more slice of cake later it’s a done deal!

27. May 18, 2017 / 9:41 pm

I usually don’t find one piece bathing suits appealing, but the first one is hot! You actually may have convinced me to try one this summer!

28. May 18, 2017 / 10:43 pm

Very pretty suits you picked out. I like the colors and they way they look.

29. Christine
    May 18, 2017 / 10:50 pm

Perfect timing for this post, with summer just around the corner!! And I really do love the white bathing suit!

30. May 18, 2017 / 11:16 pm

I always wear bikinis only, but recently I fell in love with a swimsuit very similar to #5. I’m loving it! It’s so perfect for spas! That’s how I’ve been wearing it 🙂 I really like #1 on your list!

31. May 18, 2017 / 11:33 pm

Love the Boohoo Gingham Tie Dye Swimsuit. Its simplicity and colour is gorgeous. With summer coming soon, this is definitely a good choice!

32. Nicole Anderson
    May 19, 2017 / 2:16 am

I would opt for the first one as in my view it is stylish but practical when you are in the water. But I guess we are all different in our tastes and preferences. Looking forward to getting into the water again though!

33. May 19, 2017 / 3:35 am

When you’re a mom you’re always a little hesitant with the swimsuits that you picked. But I think you did a great job. That first one is just so pretty! Love the details.

34. Elizabeth O.
    May 19, 2017 / 3:36 am

I have the same concern with the swimsuits when I had the twins. I would worry about my scar as well, if it’s going to be exposed or not and that’s why I lean towards one piece and high waisted suits. I think these are great picks!

35. May 19, 2017 / 7:22 am

Perfect timing for the summer! I like the red one the others are not so much my type! That reminds me I need to go shopping, ugh!

36. May 19, 2017 / 2:49 pm

I love them all but I think the Boohoo bathing suit is my favorite! Lately I feel like I prefer one piece bathing suits over bikinis. Oh yeah and you gotta have the Ray Bans and a fun floppy hat :))

37. May 19, 2017 / 4:38 pm

I love the red one. I only hope I can get rid of my bulging belly fats (which i didn’t know where it came from haha) so I can wear any of these properly.

38. Tiara Wilson
    May 19, 2017 / 9:00 pm

I am totally digging these one pieces. These would be perfect for me, uh because I have a mama body lol 😉

39. May 19, 2017 / 10:09 pm

I didn’t realise that full pieces were back in style. I have two bathing suits, one from 2012, and one from 2015. I wear wear them until they die.

40. May 20, 2017 / 12:09 am

Love your choices! My most fave though were the 1st and 2nd 🙂 I did some swimsuit shopping lastyr (lol), and I haven’t gone to swim in a beach yet! Hahaha! The heat here is a little too much 🙁

41. May 20, 2017 / 11:04 am

I too believe the swimsuit can replace the bikini. You see more and more women wear swimsuits than bikinis. The swimsuit designs are what is changing this in my opinion. I love the white lace panel swimsuit above. It really is gorgeous. Thanks for shairng the swimsuits.

42. May 20, 2017 / 3:07 pm

I love that red one! I also love the chevron print, but there is no way that I could pull that one off 🙂 Great suggestions!

43. May 21, 2017 / 2:33 am

One piece swimsuits is really IN now and I love it. I love everything on the list. 🙂

44. May 22, 2017 / 7:54 am

Thank God, one-piece swimwear is back! I love the bardot style. Very versatile.

45. May 26, 2017 / 2:16 am

Absolutely LOVE those first two suits. Totally my taste and style I would wear.