Top 3 Favourite Budget Eyeshadow Palettes

Hello folks, I thought I would share my favourite top three budget eyeshadow palettes with you.  Having been a little sceptical when using anything outside of my normal favourites, I was pleasantly surprised by the both the quality of the product itself & the packaging.

Now, don’t get me wrong I completely believe you can get quality on a budget and likewise, not everything highly priced is high in quality.  But, having had some bad ‘panda eye’ experiences in my youth, I had stuck with brands I knew delivered on quality & durability.  With regular 15 hour days, starting at 5:30  I need products that will wear well.  I use these routinely for day to day wear, with surprising results, given the low pricetag.

The beauty market has come such a long way in the 30 years since I started experimenting with make-up (I joke, it has only been 20)!  There are so many brands that you are simply spoilt for choice.  Short of wielding through all of these, one eyeshadow brush at a time a lot of us now rely on genuine consumer reviews.

When I am looking for an eyeshadow palette I am looking for a few things; how well do the colours go onto my eyelid? How pigmented are the colours? Do they blend well? Do they last from morning to evening? So, this is what I shall cover.

Laroc Beginners Eye Palette

My favourite at the moment is my Laroc Beginners Eye Palette.  There are a huge number of colours on here, and you can pick any according to your mood.  I love that there are so many nudes, as these are a firm favourite during my working week.  What I love most about these colours, which may seem strange to some, is that they are not too highly pigmented.  When I am in a rush to get out of the door I really don’t want to be meticulously applying my eyeshadow, with half of what was on my brush ending up around my eye area.  I can swipe over the colour of my choice, safe in the knowledge that it wont spatter over my whole eyesocket.  I don’t know about you but I don’t have hours in the morning to get ready!  The colours are warm and some provide a matte finish, with some a more satin sheen.  I love that I can go for a matte all over my eyelid and add in a little depth in the corners of my eye and not look like a pantomime star.  These were an absolute bargain, so I would highly recommend.

Technic Mega Mattes

As you will probably know by now, nudes are my go to for eyeshadow.  Having green eyes, I find that a nude socket, with some taupe and brown shadow added to the corners of my eyes really add depth to my eyes and make them pop.  I picked up  the Technic Mega Mattes when I was running late one morning and didn’t have time to do my make-up.  Costing only £1.50 it was a real steal!  The colours blend really well and didn’t crease by the time I left the office, which is quite a feat!

Sleek Make-up Eye & Cheek Palette

This palette cost me the princely sum of £1.00! I spotted it whilst perusing in Poundland.  I could not believe my eyes!  This brand is sold in Boots throughout the country and is a favourite amongst those in their 20’s due to the low price point and good quality.  The colours are classic and go on so smoothly.  They give a more pigmented colour, with a satin sheen.  I use these in the evenings when going out somewhere special.  They look amazing on and don’t crease.  This palette also comes with a bronzer and a blusher! What a bargain.

Thank you for visiting Wonderling!

Much Love

Lisa xx

Share:

24 Comments

1. Diana Williams
    May 15, 2017 / 9:39 am

wow..nice blog..its very helpful to me

2. Cristina Leau
    May 15, 2017 / 10:49 am

I have to buy myself one fro Laroc, that one looks amazing. Thanks for taking your time to write this. Is really helpful, and is always good to read some reviews before buying stuff

3. makeamomsmileJenn jG
    May 15, 2017 / 12:43 pm

Love the Laroc one! So many pretty colors. For that price you cant beat it! Thanks for sharing, I will have to try these out

4. thehouseturnedhome
    May 15, 2017 / 1:59 pm

This is very helpful! Make-up can be super expensive so I love learning new ways to save a few bucks while still looking good. Thanks!

5. May 15, 2017 / 5:05 pm

Thank you. When make up blockers only tell me about the most expensive of all make up, they’re not very helpful to me. I have to have a balance because while I absolutely will not be cheap on lipstick, I will occasionally look for a more budget friendly blush or eyeshadow. I have to balance the budget somewhere!

6. May 15, 2017 / 5:24 pm

Wait Sleek sells in Poundland? I had no idea, I do love sleek and even better that it is cruelty free too! I like nudes during the week as well as they are no fuss. Same goes with my lipstick choices, especially when like you I am most days at 5 AM x

• wonderlingblog
      May 15, 2017 / 7:19 pm

I know right.. I discovered this when going to top up on their bargain priced cleaning products! What a find! X

7. May 15, 2017 / 10:47 pm

i actually love Laroc Beginners Eye Palette.. all the shades of nude are so perfect !! will definitely give a try

8. Hannah Marie
    May 16, 2017 / 12:45 am

I admit that I do not know much about make up because I am scared to try it. I am good with face powder and lipstick. lol! thank you for this, I learned a lot 🙂

9. Tiara Wilson
    May 16, 2017 / 2:30 am

I’m so glad that you shared these. I’ve been trying to get into make up for a while now and I do not know much about it, so I love following people that can help me. I’m going to look for these. <3

10. Claudia Krusch
    May 16, 2017 / 2:40 am

I have been looking for a new eye shadow palette to try for summer. I like to look for colors that will blend well and suit the season. I will have to give the Laroc Beginners Eye Palette a try.

11. Sandra crespo
    May 16, 2017 / 3:15 am

Oh my goodness they all look so pretty! The Laroc pallet though really caught my eye!!

12. May 16, 2017 / 3:16 am

When I wear make up it’s rarely includes eye shadow. These are so pretty, though! My sister is a make-up buff and would totally love these. Her birthday is coming, too!

13. May 16, 2017 / 4:07 am

I love sleek. Way before all these other brands were known to me. I hear you on the panda eyes. I don’t buy unless i know it’s good. Can’t be walking around looking like a child’s unfinished painting.

14. Jenni Petrey
    May 16, 2017 / 11:11 am

I haven’t heard of these brands before. I’m not a huge make up wearer, my daughter is though. I’ll have to keep a look out for these.

15. Jenni Petrey
    May 16, 2017 / 11:13 am

I’ve not heard of these brands before. I’m not a huge make up wearer, my daughter is so I’ll have to keep a look out for these.

16. Elizabeth O.
    May 16, 2017 / 4:11 pm

It’s awesome to know that there are palettes that are not only affordable but have great quality as well. The shades are perfect for everyday use too!

• wonderlingblog
      May 16, 2017 / 7:37 pm

You really don’t have to spend a fortune to get good quality!

17. May 16, 2017 / 8:18 pm

I’ve never heard of the brands before except for Sleek. The Laroc palette is so huge – and looks like it have so many neutral shades. Great score!

18. May 17, 2017 / 5:50 am

These are all awesome budget eye shadow palettes. I would actually like the Laroc Beginners Eye Palette. It has so many different shades and it sounds like it really goes on smooth. Thanks for sharing these awesome make-up choices.

19. May 18, 2017 / 7:29 pm

Oh wow! Thanks for sharing these budget eyeshadows. I’ve experienced panda eyes myself…hahah and I don’t want to have that ever again

20. May 22, 2017 / 8:01 pm

That is some really good prices for makeup. I’m trying to find a nice bold eye shadow. I have a bunch of nudes/earth tone shades.